Staff Selection Commission (Southern Region)- Applications are invited for the following (Group`B' and Group’C) posts in various Offices :
Name of Post : Assistant Field Officer
No. Of Post : 13
Hiring Process : Both (Written/Interview)
Qualifications : M.Sc. degree in Soil Science, Agriculture Chemistry or Agriculture with specialization in Soil Science of a recognized University or equivalent.
Note : Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of Staff Selection Commission in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
1. Interpretation and procurement of data.
2. To carry out soil survey in the field, prepare draft soil survey reports and finalization of field soil maps.
3. Physical and chemical analysis of soil, rock and watersamples.
4. Interpretation of analytical results
5. To analyse the different Remote Sensing Data, GIS, machine aided image analysis for generation of soil and land related maps.
Age limit : Not exceeding 30 years
Salary : Pay Band-2 –Rs.9,300-34,800/- with Grade Pay Rs.4,200/-
Application fee : Rs.50/- (Rupees fifty only). SC/ST/Female and eligible EX-Serviceman are exempted from payment of fees.
How to Apply : The applications duly filled in ((Please refer to "Guidelines for filling in the Application Form" given separately.) should be submitted to the Southern Regional Office of the Commission on or before 01.07.2013(Closing date)
at the following address:
The Regional Director (SR)
Staff Selection Commission,
2nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building,
College Road, Chennai - 600 217.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 01.07.2013(5.00 p.m.)
As the advertisement pertains to various posts in different Offices, the Name of the post and Advt.No. and Category No. (Col. 1 & 2 ) of the post for which the application is being submitted may be indicated in the application form.
Click Here for Registration